Thursday, March 26, 2015

Goodbye, singlehood!

Back then, shower parties were not as popular as they are now. Nowadays, such is their popularity that brides-to-be have this to look forward to aside from THE big day.

Why?

Simply because shower parties are strictly for the ladies, and we all know what ladies do when not in the company of men. Hearty talk, laughter, gossip, tears, drinks, and oh, did I mention FUN? Shower parties have even become more creative, with unconventional games and suprises (and secrets). No wonder some shower parties are tagged as epic.

They say it is customary that a friend, sister, or relative of the bride-to-be organizes the shower party. It is supposed to be a BIG surprise; after all, it is supposedly the bride's last night of being single. Well, in my case, I wanted a shower party. So I practically forced my high school barkada to organize one for me. Hahaha! I even gave her the contact number of my younger sister, and it was up to her whom she wanted to invite. I know, I know. I am a demanding friend. You see, I am not a Marian Rivera who was practically drowning with people wanting to throw her a shower party.

Such was my persistence that I constantly followed her up with her plans (we are officemates), but she would dismiss my questions and say she does not have time for such crap (I know, she could be mean, but I knew that she was brewing something haha *assuming*).

On the night of the surprise party, my fiance offered to pick me up at the office because it was late. We strolled around SM for a while and noticed him very busy with his smartphone. After a while, he said he wanted to drink because he missed those times when we would go out to have a bottle of beer. Weird. When he told me where we were headed, I suddenly remembered that I declined a male colleague's invitation for a quick dinner with his girlfriend, scheduled on that same night and at that same place! I had a feeling something was up. True enough, when we arrived, my friend Cathy fetched me at the front door and thanked Cyril for bringing me there. Although I kinda knew there was a plan, I suddenly felt nervous as my much-awaited shower party was about to happen! (I have hosted a number of shower parties before but it felt different because I was finally attending my own!)

I was shocked to see my other high school barkadas, my sister (my sister?!), and my close friends at work. We had a game involving a bottle of Emperador and a whole box of secrets. The food was delicious, and the girls found time to sing to their hearts' content (while I was busy taking videos of them because I don't know how to sing).



Suddenly, the lights went off and in came a male dancer. LOL. But I have to hand it to Cathy for choosing someone who's handsome, has nice skin, and smells good. I let the girls have him hahaha! He was kind and game all throughout the short slow-mo dance performance.

The best part of it all, I have to say, were the gifts!! Hahaha! I sound selfish but I don't care. I'm a sucker for anything lace, see-through and sexy. A few days later, I received another gift (that came in a cute little box) from Talyn, now based in Taguig. How sweet and thoughtful!


And oh yeah, the cake! Dyan brought the cake and it looked a bit "molested" already because the pen*s made of hard icing fell on top. It was delicious, but too bad I wasn't able to eat the icing pen*s. Lol.

Thank you so much, ladies, for a night to remember! Kudos to everyone who put together everything just to give in to my whims hahaha! You're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment